Isaiah Bozimo is a Partner at Broderick Bozimo and Company. His work in commercial arbitration and dispute resolution is underscored by his extensive knowledge and experience. From July 2021 to May 2023, he held the role of Delta State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, significantly contributing to key legal reforms, including the Delta State Arbitration Law of 2022 and Nigeria’s new Arbitration and Mediation Act.
Representing a diverse clientele comprising governments, corporations, and individuals, Isaiah has built a reputation for effectively navigating complex commercial disputes in both litigation and arbitration. His landmark litigation includes cases that have shaped Nigeria’s legal landscape, such as establishing the doctrine of lender liability and setting a precedent on the standing of judgment debtors in garnishee proceedings.
His notable achievements in arbitration include successfully representing the Delta State Government in a ₦1 billion claim, leading a team addressing claims over ₦2 billion tied to an international trade centre, and acting as co-counsel in a major $300 million gas supply dispute.
Isaiah’s significant contributions to arbitration have earned recognition from esteemed institutions like Who’s Who Legal and the African Arbitration Academy. He holds a fellowship with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and serves on the arbitration panels of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA), and the Kigali International Arbitration Centre (KIAC).
Beyond his practice, Isaiah has shared his expertise through various esteemed publications, such as the CIArb Guidance Note on Remote Dispute Resolution Proceedings and pieces on the role of African National Courts in Arbitration. His insights continue to shape and evolve the field of arbitration.
- LL.M, Queen Mary, University of London, 2013.
- Barrister-at-Law, Nigerian Law School, 2006.
- LL.M, London School of Economics & Political Science, 2005.
- LL.B (Hons), University of Central Lancashire, 2003.
- African Arbitration Association.
- African Bar Association.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Prime Dispute
- Member of the Review Committee, CIArb Guidance Note on Remote Dispute Resolution Proceedings.
- Member of the Drafting Committee for Nigeria’s draft Arbitration and Mediation Bill.
- Contributing Author, Rethinking the Role of African National Courts in Arbitration. 2018, Wolters Kluwer.
- Contributor, Delos Guide to Arbitration Places.